Last Updated: May 9, 2020
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
When you create an account and your profile, we collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. You may also be required to provide other personal information which is optional, but enables us to provide a more personalized experience on the PetFast Platform, and information about your pet, including species, name, breed, age and vaccination or other records.
When you register or pay for products and services through the PetFast Platform, our third party service provider collects personal information such your name, address, email address and credit card details. Our current third party service provider for processing payments is Shopify Payments, which works with Stripe, Inc. to process payments. You can learn more about how Shopify Payments uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. You can learn more about how Stripe, Inc. uses your personal information here: https://www.stripe.com/privacy.
Cookies and Analytics
We may use “cookies” for authentication, analytics, performance, functional and marketing purposes. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the computer hard drive or memory containing information about the user.
You may modify your browser’s settings so that your browser stops accepting cookies or prompts you before accepting a cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may still use the PetFast Platform, but certain areas or features may not function properly.
You can opt out of these interest-based advertising campaigns by turning off cookies in your browser, as described above. Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website.
Use of Information
We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. For example, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and improve the PetFast Platform;
- to communicate with you in response to your request;
- to fulfill and accept payment for orders for products or services which you place through the PetFast Platform;
- to register your account and authenticate you when you log into account;
- to administer the PetFast Platform;
- to personalize and improve your experience;
- to protect the security or integrity of the PetFast Platform and our business;
- to collect debts owed to us; and
- to provide or offer updates, promotions and announcements.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect from you as follows:
- we may use third-party service providers (including Shopify) to help us provide, analyze and improve the PetFast Platform (including, but not limited to development, data storage, maintenance, marketing, analytics and payment processing);
- we may share information about you as permitted or required by law, for example with regulators and law enforcement agencies; and
- we may share aggregated demographic or otherwise non-personal information with our partners and advertisers, such as usage statistics of the PetFast Platform.
How you may Change or Delete your Information
You may review, change or delete personal information which you provided by accessing your profile on the PetFast Platform.
Storage of Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored by us or our third party service providers in Canada, the United States or anywhere else in the world. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is stored.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect your personal information. However, no method of electronic transmission is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Additional Protections for Minors
The PetFast Platform is not directed at individuals under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from these individuals. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the email address listed below and we will take steps to delete such information.